Sunday, December 19, 2004

Hi my name is Matt and I'm a vinyl-holic

"Welcome Matt".

"Well I know that I'm running out of space on my shelves and I spend a lot more money on records than I should, but hey, at least it's not crack."

Earlier today I went to the Archive of Contemporary Music's Record and CD sale. They do it twice a year (once in June and once in December) and basically there's a lot of vinyl and some CDs (mostly for very reasonable prices) that are donated by various labels and individuals. I usually spend about $20 or so there and sure enough, I spent $22 today. Here's what I bought and their respective prices and formats:
The Blue Nile "Peace at Last" ($5 on CD)
Mink De Ville-s/t ($3 on vinyl)
Nick Lowe "The Abominable Snowman" ($3 on vinyl)
Nick Lowe "Nick the Knife" ($3 on vinyl)
The Saints "All Fools Day" ($4 on vinyl)
And for comic relief,
Dee Dee King "Standing in the Spotlight" (yes this is Dee Dee Ramone's rap album folks; this should be as hysterical as Brian Wilson's attempt at rap, "Smart Girls"; on vinyl for $5)

The last day of the sale is tomorrow, so check it out. All of the pertinent info is here:
http://www.arcmusic.org/begin.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home