Thursday, March 03, 2005

And Your Bird Put a Smile Upon My Face

Check this out before they're forced to take the site down. It's a compilation of mash-ups of Revolver and Sgt. Peppers-era Beatles with all sorts of other songs such as Coldplay's "God Put a Smile Upon My Face", Beck's "The New Pollution" and The Jam's "Start", just for starters. I'm listening to it now and all of the tracks so far are uniformly excellent.

Oh and I know that the link for that Fall live show isn't valid anymore, so if anyone wants mp3s or a CD-R of it, just let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinchel said...

I agree matt...that is one amazing mash-up....its a lot better then the more popular "grey" album by danger mouse...the madonna lyrics with the elinor rigby strings...its just beautiful....

10:45 AM

 
Blogger japanesegodjesusrobot said...

Indeed. The only one that doesn't work is the mix of Genesis' "That's All" and "Yellow Submarine".

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home