Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh You're So Silent Jens

I've been listening to Jens Lekman a lot lately. I put his singles collection Oh You're So Silent Jens on my Top 10 list for 2005 despite the fact that it consists of previously released material (I'd never heard any of it before, so there). I was worried that as of a month ago, it seemed like he was thinking about retiring from music or at least taking a long sabbatical. This article added to my worries. However, my fears have been quelched at least somewhat by his recent diary entries and hopefully when he's ready he'll come back here since I missed his previous New York shows. Apparently, although he's a superstar in his native Sweden, he still can't get arrested here. What a travesty. Hopefully that'll change soon (or at least enough for him to come back here at some point).

Here's an interview that he did with NPR recently.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it sad when, like, you write and write and you want people to tell you they love you in the comments section and then there's nothing? Totally. Well, here's some lovin, Japanese God Jesus Robot!

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home