Friday, December 24, 2004

The Pleasant Lounge-not so pleasant

I went out to dinner earlier tonight with my roommate. We tried this Italian place near where we live called The Pleasant Lounge. The food was generally really good and the portions were huge (it's family-style which means that one entree can feed 2-3 people though we still have a lot of it left over). The only problem was our waitress. Keep in mind that we were the only people eating at the restaurant during that time. Initially, everything was ok, but when I wanted to order dessert, she informed me after checking that they didn't have any available. So I opted to just have some coffee. After what seemed like an eternity, the coffee finally came out. Even though she said that they had to make it "from scratch" (as in they had to excavate the beans from Colombia and ship them up here given how long it took), it wasn't even hot when I finally got it. And then, after she didn't come to pick up our bill, I had to go to the register and take care of it myself. After what seemed like another eternity, we finally got our change back. She gave me about $2 more than what she actually owed me. Not that I protested or anything, but the service was just pitiful for us being the only people eating in the place.

Thus, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it an 8 for the food, but a 2 or 3 for the service. Bah humbug. God help them if they have a full house and that's the kind of service that they give. Well, I wanna give them the benefit of the doubt and I think that it must be really new, but man oh man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home